Ebrace the Chaos

Simple anecdotes offering glimpses into our life of love, fun, and craziness!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Some Silly Laws

I have a favorite quilting website. It is Missouri Star Quilt Co.  I love visiting it because they have great tutorials, weekly give-aways and daily deals. Very enjoyable. Each day with their "deal of the day" they have a story or some sort of explanation. This was on todays.

In Camarillo, California a man is forbidden to purchase liquor without the written consent of his wife.

In Atlanta, Georgia it is illegal to tie giraffes to street lamps. (I want to know the story behind this one!)

In Tamarack, Idaho it is illegal to purchase onions after dark without a special permit from the sheriff.

In Joliet, Illinois it is against the law for a woman to try on more than six dresses in one store. (Remind me not to go shopping in Joliet!)

In McLough, Kansas it is illegal to wash your dentures in a public drinking fountain. (Yuck!)

Waterville, Maine has outlawed public nose blowing.

In Apple Valley, California ducks are not to quack after 10:00 PM within the city limits.

In Carmel, New York it is illegal for a man to appear in public with pants and shirt that do not match. (I know a few men who would be in serious trouble if this were enforced!)

Women in Memphis, Tennessee are prohibited from driving unless there is a man running or walking in front of it, waving a red flag to warn approaching motorists and pedestrians. (Is anybody else a little offended by this one?)

In Wilbur, Washington it is illegal to ride an ugly horse.

In Canton, Mississippi it is illegal to kill a squirrel in a courtroom with a gun.

2 comments:

Mrs. JM said...

i found your blog. phew :0)

Alayna said...

So when is bundle of joy #5 making an appearance? I am thinking it should be any day now...

Hope all is well. I really wish we could have a sewing date together. Love ya!