Ebrace the Chaos

Simple anecdotes offering glimpses into our life of love, fun, and craziness!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Reunion

Like all other good things, there must be an end, however, this is the end of a small chapter of my life and I get to brave a whole new adventure. I am so excited to go home. I have loved every second of visits from each of my children. They all have reacted so uniquely to Zoey's arrival, all positive, but it affirms how each of my children have their own unique personality and spirit.

I look forward to having 5 children at home and to this expansion in my family. I have enjoyed the solitude and relaxation here in the hospital, but that is not life. How dull and unsatisfying life would be without the current responsibilities I have and have had over the past 10 years.

Over the next few months I expect home will be chaotic, tears will drop, meals will be missed, I will be sleep deprived and not my "best self." But I suspect through everyone's sacrifice we will come out stronger and closer together.

I've been reading "Little Women" which has reminded me of the glory of motherhood and the value of hard work. I feel re-committed to trying harder, smile more, hug tighter and increase my patience. I love my children. I love my life. I couldn't do any of it without the tender patience of my loving husband who has been incredible through the last pregnancy. He has gotten better and better. I love him dearly, I'm afraid he may feel the greatest portion of neglect, but I will try to do my best. He will hear the most complaints and tears, and as I am sure will bare it with strength as he always does.

Here we come.

4 comments:

The Francis Family said...

Wow you are in a great place. Is that you or the Percocet talking?

tiare said...

hilarious comment posted by "the Francis family"!!! ha ha!
you have such a great realistic attitude. i'm going to steal it from you.....hope that's ok!
(although, i just have ONE!....you are SUPERWOMAN!)

Aubrey said...

Zoey is adorable and I love all that dark hair! Congratulations on another safe delivery - that isn't easy. We are so happy for you and Ryan and wish you the best. I think you will do just fine with 5 because I'm always impressed with how you handle things.

Amy Piller said...

I needed to hear that because I only have one baby and I am having a hard time. Today I lost all patience and want to scream (ok, I may have actually already screamed). Know I need to see it like you do!