Ebrace the Chaos

Simple anecdotes offering glimpses into our life of love, fun, and craziness!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Black Hair Beauty






Everyone is in love. I love her! She is so soft and smells so sweet. Born this morning at 8:57 after my epidural FAILED! Ahh, it was Kate's delivery all over again, minus the preparation, amazing midwifery coaching. But luckily I did have Ryan by my side. He got me through it. He is wonderful! I cried and screamed just like on the movies and didn't want to make it through, but now I am so glad I did. 

Ashley and Kate came with their dad to see me this afternoon. Kate was the perfect big sister. She adored Zoey and helped dad feed her.  Ashley wasn't so sure about the baby but LOVED the big water jug that I got here. Ashley is my water girl. We think she is kind of a camel.

Later Ryan brought the second shift of children who were equally enthralled with their new little sister. I am so happy that they are all healthy and I feel so blessed that I have had them all so (relatively) easily.

5 comments:

tiare said...

Congrats Emily!!!! She's gorgeous!!!....and I absolutely love her name! AND you've got a wonderful afterglow going on after all of your hard work!
Love ya!

Lindsey and Zach said...

Can't wait to meet her...guess our kids get to be pretty close in age, we will have to get together often so they can play as they get a little older. Glad you made it through!

Amy Piller said...

Can't wait to hold her!

jessi said...

I can't wait to hold her either!

Jessica Brown said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful girl. I know I am late on this, but I have loved catching up on your blog. You are an inspiration to me. Keep posting your honest and open blogs, I love them. And love that little girl. Can't wait to meet her one day!