My Grandpa is the smartest man I know. I grew up thinking he invented the drill that put the whole in Cheerios. Seriously. I thought that! I know now that he didn't, but he did invent lots of other amazing things. He said he was a nerd in high-school and didn't really know how to socialize with people until he read the book, "How to Win Friends and Influence People." He said that book changed his life. I would never have known he ever had difficult times around people because he is so kind and caring, loving, gentle and respectful.
He has traveled the world and left every place better because of having been there. He instilled into me a curiosity about the world and respect for the different cultures.
I named my first child after him, Jordan, because I never want to forget him. Today he passed away. My last memory of him is so great. Standing tall giving my son Jordan a hug after standing in the circle after his baptism. I know he is happy. I know he feels lots better than he has for the past few years... probably a really long time. I am sad he is gone, but happy for the life he lived. He will forever stand as an example of faith, diligence and excellence. I love you grandpa! See you soon.

4 comments:
Wow, that helped me get to know you better by reading that about your G-pa. He sounded like a real neat person. I am sorry for your loss, but greatful that we have the knowledge of the gospel through these times. Lots of love!
I'm so sorry for your loss Emily. Your grandpa sounds like such an amazing person. Cool that Jordan was named after him!!! I think it is absolutely awesome that he has left such a great legacy for you and your posterity.
Love you.
Great post. Loved it. Sounds like he lived a good life, no regrets. and... I forgot you were pregnant. I know, cruel. Boy or girl?
You know I looked at your blog specifically hoping to read something about Grandpa. I was missing him. Thanks for posting this.
And darling sock animals!
Post a Comment