Ebrace the Chaos

Simple anecdotes offering glimpses into our life of love, fun, and craziness!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Classical Music

I have been listening to music on Pandora.com today. I have a classical piano station that I really really enjoy. The music has brought peace to my soul, calm to my heart and happiness. Not that I wasn't feeling happy before, but I think I need this kind of therapy every day. I live in chaos between getting kids up, to school, fed, clean up, get me dressed, diapers changed, etc and that is only the first hour of my day! Sound familiar to anyone? Yeah, well I am happy, I have embraced the chaos and truly find joy in my life. I am grateful for that, but sometimes I need to de-compress. This is a sure way to do it. I have started playing classical 89 in my car while driving with kids. Magically, really magically they calm down. I love it. Move over prozac!

5 comments:

Leslie and Alan said...

I'm turning on pandora right now--classical piano

Lindsey and Zach said...

Yeah We listen to classical and soft music allot at our house...You don't have to worry about anything bad, and Alyda loves it and even knows how to turn it on herself.

Emily said...

actually linds, you were one of my inspirations after you told me that story of how she turns on beethoven's Vth all by herself

Marianne and Matt said...

sounds wonderful, I will have to give it a try!

Jessica Brown said...

Thanks for the tip! I love classical music. You should also look up Joshuah Bell's Vivaldi Four Seasons. It is my soul uplifting music. I love it. It makes me feel so peaceful.