Ebrace the Chaos

Simple anecdotes offering glimpses into our life of love, fun, and craziness!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What do I do?

I am feeling tons of mixed emotions right now. This past weekend we went with the whole family and the dogs down to St. George. We all had a great time. However, before St. George I had pretty much had it with my huge loving dog. She is a ton of work and a big space taker-upper! I don't claim to be a dog person, I do love my dogs, but I have felt for a long time that my life would be incredibly simpler with out Terra.

Yes, Yes! I remember how much I wanted her. I remember that I missed her and was so so sad when she went to St. George and we almost got rid of her before. I love this dog. More importantly, my children LOVE this dog. They all show her love and affection, but sometimes she is more than I want to handle.

Last night I put an ad on KSL and it was answered. Someone wants to come pick her up today! I just don't know! I had made my decision, I was firm, and now I am totally waffling. I don't want to be this sentimental over her, but this is a really big decision.

So, today she has been a perfect dog, only barked once, not crazy, I am sure I am insane. Ryan says my perspective has changed, I am sure it has, but what do I do. I need you to talk some sense into me! I have made this matter of prayer and I need to know! I don't want to make a huge mistake of getting rid of her.

Jordan already knows and was much more upset than I would have thought. This morning he was so sweet with her.

Yesterday I was so ready, and today I am not so convinced! I am so confused.

5 comments:

Amy Piller said...

That is a hard one. I don't want a dog because of the work but I know that every dog we ever had growing up I loved to death. Good luck with making your decision:)

tiare said...

the only reasons i won't ever get a dog are the poop and hair shedding! just keep these in mind. try not to think about how it's nice to have a "companion" for your kids.......wait.....now i'm having second thoughts! good luck.

Emily said...

actually, she is gone. so is the emotion. i know i made the best choice for me. ryan is sadder than i expected and that makes me feel bad. i know time will heal that for him. i feel great!

Marianne and Matt said...

WOW, what a hard decision. I am glad that you feel good about it. I'm sure that was tough on the whole family.

Jessica Brown said...

I'm so glad you made the decision. When it comes down to it, I think simplifying life is always better, and pets are a ton of work. And I'm pretty excited to run with you. Leslie Ann bouyed (spelling?) me up last night, and I think I can do it!