Terra is so much fun! Who knew I would ever be a dog person. If anyone was really wondering, here is the story. As a kid I hated dogs. I was terrified of them because of the dogs that lived next door to me. Every time I would walk by their house they would bark, bark, bark at me, and then run to the other side of the house and bark some more. They were awful.
One summer we were fixing the fence in between our two houses and while it was down, one of them bit me in the bum! Traumatic.
Also, I think before that my dad brought some black labs home from the bull sale, Licorice and Rowdy, I think were their names. Anyway, they would chase us as kids. We would run with super speed because of the adrenaline surging through our bodies, you know the fight of flight response to danger... and then sit on the tramp screaming for someone to come to the rescue.
So there you have it, I hated all dogs, they always enduced fear, no matter what.
Now I am a mother, and my children love animals. When Jordan was little, however he had a dog jump on him, and from then on he was scared. I didn't want him to have the same fear it has taken me almost a life time to get over, so I thought... um something small, doesn't eat much, or leave much behind, and couldn't harm anything if it chewed. So we got Lucy. She was adorable, but stupid. She got hit by a car. So were we...
Roxy has been a great dog, we all love her, but again, she is small and doesn't like everything that Taylor, Kate, all the neighborhood friends, and their pets want to pet her through, so I realized we need a real dog. Terra. I love her.
Terra is the pup from Ryan's brother's litter and everyone, mostly my children love her mother, Cleo. We now love Terra just as much. She really is a part of the family.
And Yes, I could be considered a full fledged dog person!
2 comments:
What a cute dog!! I love the pictures of kate...she really is so beautiful. That's funny that she is still not walking. Probably because she has an older brother and sister that will get everything for her!!
I remember those horrible dogs next to your house. Annoying indeed. But dogs are cute, and yours is really cute.
Can't believe how big Jordan is!
Post a Comment